CLEANING UP CHRISTMAS! Post-Christmas OrganizationDec 26, 2019
The presents have been opened, the yummy food has been consumed, the happy smiles and afterglow are in the faces of the children...and EVERYTHING is a disaster. And let's face it, you're exhausted. Yup, we've all been there. As a mom of 5 sometimes the aftermath of the fun can be overwhelming! I was just featured on CBS 8, Morning Extra where I had a great time sharing some tips to help with cleaning up Christmas!
Master the Christmas Mayhem
- First, enjoy the holiday, don’t feel like you need to pack away everything right after Christmas. You will want to be aware of when your tree pick-up is scheduled in your neighborhood if you have a real tree.
- Christmas is the perfect time to do a little (or big) decluttering project. Encourage your children to go out with the old and in with the new.
- The most important thing to do is to:
- Find new “homes” for all new toys and gifts >> Don't forget to LABEL!!
- Teach kids where their new things go.
- Throw away all gift wrap and tear down boxes for recycling
- Bless others by donating or giving away less used clothes and toys
Storing Holiday Decor Tips:
- Take pictures of how you decorated, so you remember where things go next year. As much as you think you will remember, you will forget!
- Be strategic with what you will keep: don’t keep storing items you are no longer using to decorate or that are falling apart. There will be new items to get next year!
- Use CLEAR BINS when you are cleaning up Christmas (if possible): use a labeler or print up what you put in the bin (makes cleaning up year after year easier and will help you remember what gets put away in what)
- Take advantage of after Christmas sales to stock up on new decor for next year
- Don’t let traditions stop when you are cleaning up Christmas: listen to Christmas music as you clean up, take a picture by the tree and order a puzzle for New Year's Eve.
- Enjoy every second of the time with your loved ones--be present and in the moment!
* For tips on how to “Get organized for 2020”: follow me on YouTube & Instagram @KristiClover
**This post may contain a few affiliate links, both Amazon & others. Please see my disclosure page if you have any questions.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.