Food, Recipes, Meal Planning
— & More!
As a mom of five, I'm always looking for great new, healthy, EASY recipes. With that in mind, I wanted to share some of our family favorite recipes with her here in my little online “Recipe Box”. I’m slowly but surely moving recipes I use at home here to my site for you to enjoy. I’ve listed them by category, so they are nice and organized and easy to find so you can try them out.
Meal planning is such a key ingredient when it comes to streamlining your family life. It’s one of my featured “sanity savers” in my Sanity Savers for Moms book. I have so many tips and tricks to share with you on how to simplify getting meals to the table, which is why I'm excited to announce that I have a brand new meal planning course coming out soon! Make sure you get on the waitlist to find out when my How to Feed Your People Course launches.
By the way, when you sign up for my newsletter, you get a link to my favorite meal planner along with a free digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book. So, be sure to snag your copy today.
How to Feed Your People
Your meal planning is about to get easier! Introducing the How to Feed Your People Course. This 5-video instructional meal planning course is filled with amazing tips and printables to revolutionize your mealtime prep. I'll show you how to simplify your meal planning, save money on groceries, and maintain your sanity at dinnertime.Get on the Waitlist!
Here are all of my recipes in one spot nicely organized for you. Just click on the recipe that looks tasty and it will take you to the post it is featured in. Enjoy!!…or should I say, “Bon Appetit!”
CROCK POT RECIPES * Kaycee's Masterpiece Oven BBQ Chicken * Chicken Tortilla Soup * French Dip Sandwiches * Salsa Verde Pork Tacos * Chicken Acapulco * Healthy Chili * Chicken, Potato, & Veggie Soup * Ground Beef & Veggie Stew * Amish Pork Chops *
FREEZER MEALS * BBQ Meatloaf * Easy Taco Salad *Kaycee's Masterpiece Oven BBQ Chicken * Chicken Tortilla Soup * French Dip Sandwiches * Salsa Verde Pork Tacos * Chicken Acapulco * Healthy Chili * Chicken, Potato, & Veggie Soup * Ground Beef & Veggie Stew * Amish Pork Chops *
My Favorite Time Saving Kitchen Tools
I need efficiency in my kitchen, so I require my kitchen tools to do a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to meal prep. I share all about my kitchen systems in my book, M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem. I hope you’ll grab a copy of that book. Amazon seems to like to keep it on sale. (Happy dance!) I have a whole chapter on the importance of creating stations in your kitchen to help you have a simpler flow for meal prep and all you do in your kitchen–and talk about the importance of using the right tools.
Three of my very favorite kitchen tools that I want to be sure to feature are my crockpot, instant pot, and stand mixer. They are staples in my home and I use them constantly.
A Large Crockpot: Here's my favorite crockpot! Our fancy, programmable 6 quart crockpot broke a few years back and I replaced it with an 8 quart Hamilton Beach crockpot. I love that it is 8 quarts. I can finally fit large roasts in it, and lots of liquid if needed. The “pot” itself is removable for easy cleaning, too.
A KitchenAid Stand Mixer: Wanna laugh? I use my KitchenAid stand mixer for shredding chicken all the time. Did you know you could do that? It’s so fast and easy. Probably my favorite hack for this product. Of course, I use it for all the other things you’d typically use a stand mixer for like making cookies, pizza dough, breads, and did I mention cookies?
An Instant Pot: It took me a while to come around and join the instant pot craze. I received one from my mother-in-law and proceeded to learn that they aren’t as instant as everyone said. However, I have figured out how to use it for a lot of my recipes. I love using it to cook frozen chicken and then shredding it in my KitchenAid stand mixer.
- Freezer Meals: Okay, freezer meals aren’t a tool in and over themselves, but they get an honorable mention in this section. Crock pots and freezer meals have seen me through some hard times like when I had morning sickness and major surgery—and have helped me prepare for happy times like bringing home a new baby. They are my secret weapons to meal planning and getting dinner on the table. I have lots of tips on how to stock up on freezer meals in my Sanity Savers for Moms book, so be sure to get your free copy and check out that chapter. I’ve linked several of my favorite Freezer Meal cookbooks below as well.
My Other Favorite Kitchen Tools
There are so many great products to mention and shout out here. I picked a few of my favorites. If you want to see more and see my recommendations for kitchen organization tools, you’ll want to check out my Amazon Shop!
My Favorite Cookbooks
My family knows that one of my favorite gifts is a new cookbook. I love cookbooks. I love getting ideas of new meals to make and looking for new techniques to use to simplify my meal prep. Here are just a few of my favorites.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks―Super Easy!: 120 Shortcut Recipes for Dinners, Desserts, and More — I love Ree's cookbooks. I will say that she doesn't juice lemons like I do, she squeezes them. So, be careful of over lemon-ing your recipes.
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime - Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-minute Meals, and Other Delicious Ways to Solve Supper
- Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering — have to include my imaginary buddy, Jo! I do not know how she is so good at everything. But her recipes really are amazing.
- Joy of Cooking: 2019 Edition — This recipe book is an updated version of one of the original, first-ever cookbooks (from 1931). I have the 1974 edition that includes recipes on how to cook game. It includes how to skin a squirrel. So, if we're in an emergency and have to resort to eating wild game, I'm ready.
- The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook — This is an oldie, but a goodie. I think this is the first recipe book I purchased.
- Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book — Another updated classic cookbook.
- Half Baked Harvest Super Simple: More Than 125 Recipes for Instant, Overnight, Meal-Prepped, and Easy Comfort Foods: A Cookbook — I absolutely love Tieghan's recipes. They are so unique and delicious. I will say that they aren't always "simple" if you have her other cookbooks. But this one is great.
- From Freezer to Cooker: Delicious Whole-Foods Meals for the Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Instant Pot: A Cookbook — Great ideas in this cookbook.
- Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook Revised and Expanded Edition — A shout-out to my friend, Jessica Fisher. I love her recipes. Wish this edition had more pictures, but still so many great recipes to try in here.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.
*This page contains a few affiliate links, both Amazon and others. Please see my disclosure page if you have any questions.