SJP #004: Pam Barnhill - Taking Back Your Mornings! Tips for a Better Start to Your Day!Feb 06, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Pam Barnhill: Taking Back Your Mornings! Tips for a Better Start to Your Day!
This is an exciting episode for me! I have no idea how I missed the whole podcasting revolution when it was starting. Somehow I did. Yet, when my friend was talking about all the encouragement she received from listening to Pam Barnhill's podcast, my eyes were officially opened to the world of podcasting. I'm so thrilled to have Pam on the show today. I'm a big believer in gleaning from others and tweaking what they do to work in your own family. Well, that is not only the advice that Pam is going to give today, but she's just the person to glean from.
I've pretty much decided that I need to move next door to Pam, so I can check books out from her library. I hate to say it but I was ignorant to so many of the books that she mentioned. Upon looking them up, they all look so adorable. I think my younger kids would love them. Don't get me wrong. We do a ton of reading…and have read several of the Hank the Cowdog books. However, I'm realizing that I haven't been checking out some of the great books I used to get for my older boys.
I just know you are going to love this podcast and will learn so much from Pam and her incredible tips about how to create more structure and order to your morning time.
In this episode you are going to be inspired to take back your mornings. Whether you are a homeschool family or not, mornings set the tone for your entire day. Pam shares some incredible insight into how to add more structure to your mornings.
I hope you enjoy my conversation with Pam! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from This Show:
- Yes, you heard me right. Pam has three podcasts: Your Morning Basket, Homeschool Snapshots, and The Homeschool Solutions Show.
- Carol's DVD series that Pam mentions: Homeschool Made Simple
- I love all Pam had to say about remembering to have fun with her kids.
- Pam shares a fun tip from Mystie Winkler: Make a note to smile at your kids.
- I have a related post about having fun with your kids filled with tons of ideas HERE.
- Pam's Your Morning Basket kit
- Minimum Viable Morning: How to find a few little things to work on and create habits that help your mornings run smoother. For moms who need extra help in the mornings.
- My Sanity Saver for Mom's tips: Start your mornings off right.
- Morning Time is starting the day off at the table doing some school work together.
- Pam shares her best tips for creating routines and rituals in your day.
- Don't forget to add music and praise into your morning time if it's something your family enjoys.
- You can follow some of the rituals that your church uses in your home, too.
- Side note: I'm totally confessing that I didn't know what “liturgical” was when Pam mentioned it. Just in case you might be unfamiliar with it, here's what I found. Yes, I'm probably admitting my ignorance and may be the only person who wasn't familiar with this term. (I'd heard it before, but couldn't define it).
- Ha! Flashback!! The Mandrel Sisters! Do you remember them?
- I loved hearing how she had a party for Shakespeare's birthday. Ha! That's so fun.
- My post about how I manage my home and homeschool while my husband travels.
- “I always feel better when my mornings are organized.” — Pam Barnhill
- “What are the basic little habits that you need to put in place for yourself so you can have the very best homeschool day.?” — Pam Barnhill
- “Don't forget to have fun with your kids.” — Pam Barnhill
- “Remember to smile at your kids, too.” — Pam Barnhill
- Pam's Simple Ways to Add Joy to Her Week: A bubble bath whenever possible, little treats for yourself, learning by continuing to read or taking classes, and finding regular time to worship.
- The Green Ember
- The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
- James and the Giant Peach
- Hank the Cowdog Audio Packs
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- Little House in the Big Woods
- Julius Caesar
- Your Morning Basket: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty for Your Homeschool Day
- Plan Your Year: Homeschool Planning for Purpose and Peace
- Pam's Minimum Viable Morning Resource
- Temper Tool Kit by Lisa-Jo Baker
- Make Over Your Morning 14 Day Course
- Every podcast episode will have all the highlights and links from each episode (just like this) on my website. So, come on over to the blog to find the show notes.
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It's a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
- Don't forget to listen to the other fabulous guests I've had on the podcast. Just go to my Simply Joyful Podcast main page and pick a topic or speaker…or just listen to them all.
Be Sure to Connect with Pam Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.