SJP #005: Jill Savage - No More Perfect Marriages: A Candid Conversation on Marriage & How to Better Affair Proof Yours!Feb 12, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Jill Savage - No More Perfect Marriages: A Candid Conversation on Marriage & How to Better Affair Proof Yours!
Marriage! We're talking about marriage today! It's perfect timing with Valentine's Day here. I know this episode is going to be such an incredible blessing to you! My lovely guest Jill Savage is sharing from her new book, No More Perfect Marriages. She gets very vulnerable and talks about her husband's infidelity and how that impacted their family. I know you will be encouraged as she shares very practical advice about how you can work to affair proof your own marriage by being more aware of the “slow fades” that you may have.
In this episode Jill is sharing some amazing insight on marriage. She and her husband Mark wrote a blog series called “No More Perfect Marriages,” which tells of the story of their marriage going through a horrendous crisis. God asked them to share their story which is where their book No More Perfect Marriages was designed. Their story is ultimately a story written for every marriage, in any stage.
I hope you enjoy my conversation with Jill! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from This Show:
- Why we often enter into marriage with an unrealistic expectations of the “perfect marriage” and how we often handle it.
- How society influences us and we play the comparison game to our life.
- The new book is based on the insides of the Savage's very real marriage.
- The meaning of the “Perfection Infection”
- Jill talks about how despite doing everything right, infidelity still became apart of their story.
- Jill shares her biggest affair proofing tip for marriage and the slow fade of minimizing.
- What is the “Naked Email Challenge?” and what it has been renamed to.
- Jill will be speaking at Hearts at Home this year!
- “Marriage is hard work. There are hard days, hard years, and hard times.” — Kristi Clover
- “Most of us don't expect ourselves, husbands, or our kids to be perfect. But the truth is, when imperfect shows up, we don't handle it very well.” — Jill Savage
- “We were doing all the right things: date nights, speaking each others love languages, being intentional about time with each other. So, how did infidelity become apart of our story?” — Jill Savage
- “When we put our guards down and allow little nagging things pull us away, Satan will jump on that opportunity, because he is opportunistic!” — Kristi Clover
- “If we rise above and treat others better than they treat us and depend on God to do that, it is an “unhuman-able” experience!” — Jill Savage
- 1 Peter 5:8 (ESV)
- Romans 12:9-18 (ESV)
- No More Perfect Marriages
- Better Together
- No More Perfect Moms
- Is There Really Sex After Kids?
- No More Perfect Kids
- Your Spouse Isn't the Person You Married
- Every podcast episode will have all the highlights and links from each episode (just like this) on my website. So, come on over to the blog to find the show notes.
- Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my book, Sanity Savers for Moms, by joining our Simply Joyful community. It's a great way to keep in touch…and get subscriber only freebies like my book. Click HERE to get the book and join!
- Don't my first several episodes of the podcast. Make sure you head over to listen to my first episode (HERE) and my interviews with Tricia Goyer (HERE), Chrystal Hurst (HERE), & Pam Barnhill (HERE)!! I know you will love these episodes!
- “Slow Fade” by Casting Crowns
- “Just Be Held” by Casting Crowns
- …& Yes! “Stop! Look! & Listen!” is an Elvis song! Ha!
Be Sure to Connect with Jill Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.