SJP #030: Ruth Simons: Discovering God's Grace through the SeasonsOct 10, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Ruth Simons: Discovering God's Grace through the Seasons
This episode is going to be so fun! Today on the episode we have Ruth Simons—the woman behind Gracelaced. She has a very large Instagram following and is best known for her artwork. I have been so blessed going through her new book Gracelaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart. When I first got it, I really didn’t want to use it because it was so stunning. But when I started going through the devotional, I was blown away. Not only is she an amazing artist, she’s a spectacular writer! What makes this devotional so special is the gorgeous artwork on the pages. There really is something about beauty that is so inspiring — and makes you want to get into the Word.
If you are not familiar with Gracelaced or Ruth, she is an artist, writer, entrepreneur, and speaker. As the creator of the popular GraceLaced online shop, blog, and Instagram community, she shares scriptural truths daily through her hand-painted artwork and words. Ruth and her husband, Troy, live in New Mexico and are grateful parents to six sons—their greatest adventure.
If you are a fan of Gracelaced, you are going to go wild about this episode! We chat a lot about behind the scenes of Gracelaced, how she got started, and what God did that brought around this ministry and business.
Get ready for a really encouraging interview with Ruth Simons!
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Gracelaced started off as a blog when Ruth was trying to figure out how the gospel correlated with her day-to-day life.
- I mentioned the Steadfast Love art work that I purchased from Ruth’s shop. You can order your copy here.
- God’s faithfulness in the seen and unseen in our lives really play a part of where I am today. —Ruth Simons
- We need to have His words at a glance—in our homes, in our work place. —Kristi Clover
- Ruth shares a little bit about how she started pursuing selling her art. and continues sharing what inspires her artwork.
- I’m inspired by the beauty of God’s creation. —Ruth Simons
- God is at work in the sunset as well as the tiniest bloom. —Ruth Simons
- Ruth explains a little bit about how Gracelaced (the book) is set up, and why she chose to set it up by seasons.
- To stand firm, to obey, to walk in faith, all comes from right believing. —Ruth Simons
- It all starts with the character of God. —Ruth Simons
- I ask Ruth to share some tips for parents going through a weary season.
- #MotherhoodIsSanctifying hashtag came from me thinking I am blessed in this very circumstance. —Ruth Simons
- God’s not done with our kids, but God’s not done with us either. —Kristi Clover
- How are they [your kids] going to see the gospel right now. —Ruth Simons
- Ruth shares about all the many art elements that went into creating Gracelaced book — there was TONS!
- I basically did two books. I wrote the book then I painted the book. —Ruth Simons
Be Sure to Connect with Ruth Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.