SJP #031: Rachel Swanson: Faith Over Fear: Overcoming AnxietyOct 16, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Rachel Swanson: Faith Over Fear: Overcoming Anxiety
Today on the podcast, I am so excited to have my friend, Rachel Swanson, with me. We're chatting about overcoming anxiety and how understanding God's character can help you to overcome it. As moms I know that it's very common to struggle with fear. With all the bad things going on in the world, it’s too easy to let that fear creep in—I know it is for me. With shootings, hurricanes, and natural disasters going on, my first response after getting the tragic news is to put myself in their shoes and wonder what I would do to protect my kids in those situations. Then I worry and worry! Sometimes there is no good answer, but that's usually when the fear kicks in. The reality is that I know I have to trust God and really put my trust in Him. So, that’s what the heart of our talk about is today — you're going to love it!
Rachel’s new book is unique. It is a devotional coloring book called Big and Little Coloring Devotional. It’s really cool. My girls and I have really been enjoying it. Each page has a little devotional — one for mom (or dad) and one for your child. My only dilemma is that I’m trying to color with BOTH my girls.
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode! Get ready to be encouraged!
I've been working on a really fun membership site! It will have exclusive content and videos. We’re going to have members only discounts on courses — including my new course coming out in late November. There will be extra interviews, downloads, and behind-the-scenes of the podcast. We will also have bonus episodes! Episodes only available for the members! Plus, we will have a members-only forum. Head over to KristiClover.com/Membership to get more information! I can't wait for you to join me there!
Highlights from the Show:
- Rachel shares a bit about the season of having three babies in diapers (they are now 5 and 3 1/2—19 months apart!) and the “funness” of being sleep deprived.
- Rachel shares about her “bold butterfly approach” mentioned in her bio and why the butterfly is so important to her.
- This is the person God has designed me to be. —Rachel Swanson
- He did not design the butterfly to live a caterpillar life. — Kristi Clover
- I asked Rachel to tell her God story, and how God painted love and joy back into her life.
- My relationship with God was “God-in-a-box”. —Rachel Swanson
- Rachel shares about her stress and anxiety.
- When we feel like something is off, that is when we need someone from the outside to help us see our blindspots. —Rachel Swanson
- Rachel digs a little deeper into her study of Psalms, and how the character of God helped her get through her anxiety.
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Rachel reminds us of four truths to remember when going through stress and anxiety
- God is in control. —Rachel Swanson
- Life is a slow cooker. Not an instant pot. —Kristi Clover
Be Sure to Connect with Rachel Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.