SJP #032: Tricia Goyer: What if You Actually Do What the Bible Says?Oct 23, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Tricia Goyer: What if You Actually Do What the Bible Says?
Tricia and I have been getting to know each other over the two years that we wrote Homeschool Basics. It's been such a joy to get to know her and her sweet family. I had the opportunity to stay with Tricia back in March, and it was so much fun! I got to meet her family, her grandma who lives with them, her husband, and many of her church friends. Can I just tell you that this woman really walks it out—which is the name of her new book! I’m so excited for this book I can’t even tell you. You have probably seen a lot about Walk it Out either on social media or on other podcasts, but I tell you this is the book that when I met Tricia I wanted her to write. And if you’re new to the podcast, make sure that you check out episode number two where I ask Tricia so many questions about how she’s walking it out and keeping God’s word in her life.
Since I know this woman, we really get into the nitty-gritty in this interview. I just know you are going to love this episode. It's all about how God doesn’t want us to just be hearers of the Word, but He wants us to be doers of the Word.
I cannot wait for you to hear this episode!
Highlights from the Show:
- Tricia introduces her family—married to John for twenty-six years, ten kids—youngest being seven and the oldest is twenty-eight, and her grandmother who lives with them.
- Walk it Out is Tricia’s 70th book! She talks about her many, many books and where you can find some of them.
- Tricia shares why Walk it Out is so much different than her other books, and why it is close to her heart.
- If we’re going to walk out God’s word and do what He says, it’s going to take us to some hard places. —Tricia Goyer
- Tricia shares a little about her story as a teen mom and how she and her husband met.
- Tricia gives encouragement to people to fight the battle of fear and truly walk it out.
- Once I started sharing my story, people starting opening up to me about their shame and heartache. —Tricia Goyer
- I ask Tricia to share what finally made her decide to write this book.
- When you’re in the middle of life, you don’t always see what God is doing. —Tricia Goyer
- What does He have for me today? — Kristi Clover
- Tricia shares how as she has been walking it out, how her family and children have grown.
- When they see me taking steps of faith, I am modeling how to take steps of faith. — Tricia Goyer
- Tricia tells about how her daughter Leslie stepped out on faith and didn’t do any fundraising for a mission trip so God could show up—and He showed up big time.
- We chat a little about Homeschool Basics.
- Serving other people will train our kids in ways we can’t imagine. —Tricia Goyer
- I ask Tricia to share some ways to protect your kids while you are serving, and not just keeping them in a bubble.
- Tricia shares a little about her inner city church, Mosaic Church in Little Rock, AR.
- We chat about racism and prejudices.
- It’s not just an issue anymore, it’s about my friends. —Tricia Goyer
- We all love Jesus, but we have different skin tones. —Tricia Goyer
- Tricia shares how God is calling her now to walk it out.
- It’s the daily things—being kind, being gentle, being loving—the little things that are the daily steps of faith. —Tricia Goyer
- Tricia shares about the different seasons in her life and how it may seem like she’s “doing-it-all”, it has more to do with what season she is currently in.
- Organization and neat/perfect are not the same thing.—Kristi Clover
Be Sure to Connect with Tricia Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.