SJP #034: Jess Connolly: The Balance Between Pursuing Holiness and Resting in GraceNov 06, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Jess Connolly: The Balance Between Pursuing Holiness and Resting in Grace
I’m super excited to have Jess Connolly on the show this week! She has a new book out, Dance Stand Run, but you may know her from her last great book that she co-authored called Wild and Free. When I first heard the title of Jess's new book, I wasn’t sure what to expect — but, WOW! was I was blown away! She talks about the balance of pursuing holiness and resting in grace. It is such an important message for us today. It’s so easy to not give ourselves enough grace when we mess up. Yet, on the flip side, we can also almost abuse grace and not learn (and change) from our mistakes. Jess so beautifully encourages us on how to dance in the grace that we’ve been given, how to stand in our holiness, and how to run on the mission that God calls us too.
I was just so thrilled to talk to Jess about her new book, and I cannot wait for you to listen in. Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Jess shares about being a church planting family, as well as a small business owner in South Carolina.
- She made me laugh when we talked about her being about being an introvert (she’s a self-proclaimed “fake” extrovert)
- I ask Jess to share a little bit more about her new book, Dance, Stand, Run. She talked about our need to pursue more than just grace.
- The wild and free girls are the holiness girls. —Jess Connolly
- This book came about from praying “What part do I have in this?” —Jess Connolly
- I was hiding my holiness and forgetting about it. —Jess Connolly
- Jess breaks down the meaning behind the title of Dance, Stand, Run.
- Dancing in Grace. Standing on holy ground . Running on holy mission. —Jess Connolly
- Jess talks about the unique accountability that she had for each chapter of her book. (I've never seen a book that has this.)
- In the book, Jess explains what Christian’s are “freed to.” She then goes into detail about what she meant by that.
- Women are feeling the need to strive more than ever. — Jess Connolly
- Why are we so hesitant to embrace grace? — Jess Connolly
- We are meant to walk in His holiness. —Kristi Clover
- I ask Jess to share a little about how to find the balance between grace and holiness.
- It’s not 50/50 — it’s 100/100. —Jess Connolly
- Stop swinging from grace to truth and just be in both. —Jess Connolly
- We’ve all heard the statement “not of this world.” Jess shares some practical ways that we can actually live that out in our day-to-day life.
- Jess gives tips on getting in the Word.
- Try it, you’ll like it. —Jess Connolly
- It’s just worth it. —Jess Connolly
- Talk to Him at every point in your day. —Jess Connolly
- Jess shares a little bit about how holiness and mission come together.
- If we stop at holiness, we just are separate from everyone. —Jess Connolly
- Mission means making disciples. Bringing people with you as you are on your way to meet Jesus. —Jess Connolly
- Jess shares the “BLESS” model (I LOVE this concept!)
Be Sure to Connect with Jess Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.