SJP #035: Chelsea Crockett: Standing Firm in Your Faith Despite OppositionNov 13, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Chelsea Crockett: Standing Firm in Your Faith Despite Opposition
I’m super excited to introduce my special guest today—Chelsea Crockett. You may not be familiar with Chelsea Crockett, but your daughter may be! She is a YouTube superstar. She has over 1.5 million fans on YouTube. That is spectacular, and she is a big-time Christian influencer. I am so excited about her new book, Your Own Beautiful. In fact, Sadie Robertson, who has a line at Dayspring (our November to Remember sponsor), wrote the forward!
Chelsea was such a delight to talk to! Talk about a new generation of Christian women standing up for their faith! I don’t know if you are familiar with social media, but YouTube does not have great filters, and there are horrible comments that come up. Chelsea has done a remarkable job dealing with opposition as she shares her faith very publically on YouTube. We get into that more in the podcast.
We’ve had guests on the show in the past who have talked about raising strong men, but I wanted to make sure we also talk about raising strong women. I know you are going to enjoy her fresh perspective.
Your Own Beautiful is a book that if you have a young woman in your life—daughter, niece, or even just a close friend's daughter—you’ll want to get it in their hands. It is such a great encouragement for them, and Chelsea is a great role model! I was even encouraged by the book! I hope you will check it out!
It was so much fun chatting with Chelsea—I hope you'll share this episode with your friends who are raising daughters! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Chelsea shares how she has grown up on YouTube, publishing videos since she was thirteen. She also talks about how involved her family is with her channel—and the ins-and-outs of having a YouTube channel.
- Being online, Chelsea deals with a lot of negativity. Chelsea chats about when she started sharing more about her faith on her channel, the negativity seemed to be pop up more often.
- I ask Chelsea what advice she would give to parents who have kids that are dealing with rejection.
- "Be there. Don't avoid the situation." —Chelsea Crockett
- I asked Chelsea to share about how growing up online has affected her.
- Chelsea shares about how writing Your Own Beautiful came about.
- "We're all trying to convey a message to the world." —Chelsea Crockett
- Chelsea explains a little more about the chapter in her book that talks about “living for something bigger”
- "Outward beauty has it's place, but beauty that emanates from within makes a lasting impression on others." —Your Own Beautiful
- Chelsea gives her advice for women to let their natural beauty shine through from the inside out.
- Chelsea chats on her stance on modesty.
- Chelsea shares how parents can encourage their young girls with guidelines and boundaries to protect their daughters and help them stay true to what the Bible talks about regarding purity.
- Anytime you can get friends involved, even if you don't want to, get them involved. —Chelsea Crockett
- Chelsea tells about other women in her generation, such as Sadie Robertson and Natasha Bure, who she's friends with and how they encourage one another.
Be Sure to Connect with Chelsea Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.