SJP #041: Ainsley Earhardt: Experiencing Joy Through the Eyes of Our ChildrenNov 30, 2017
Simply Joyful Podcast — Ainsley Earhardt: Experiencing Joy Through the Eyes of Our Children
Our guest today is none other than Ainsley Earhardt. I've been following Ainsley's career for a while now. She's a journalist and the co-host of Fox and Friends on the National Fox News Network. I remember watching Ainsley years ago when she was still very new to Fox News. One thing that I always remembered and that stood out to me was that she was so genuine. I am so thrilled to have her on the podcast today! She has quite a God-story that I cannot wait for you to hear.
Ainsley shares the story about her journey into motherhood. The majority of my listeners are moms and everyone will probably agree that motherhood is not always easy. But many of us tend to forget that the journey into motherhood can be equally as difficult.
I can't wait for you to listen in to my conversation with Ainsley and hear the story behind her new book Through Your Eyes. Get ready to be Enoucraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- I told Ainsley that I've always loved the name “Ainsley.” She shares that it's actually a family name.
- Being the morning anchor on Fox News, she has to get up ridiculously early for her morning show! But the commute is easy that early…even in New York.
- It was fun to learn about what a typical morning looks like for her — way earlier than I'm ever up! Ha! It was great to learn all about her morning routine for preparing for the morning show. I will say that she had me at the fact that someone else does her hair and make-up.
- I asked Ainsley to share about how it is being a Christian in a field that is typically so hostile to Christianity. She talked about John 16:33.
- I also really enjoyed hearing about how God has opened so many doors for Ainsley through the years. I love that she fully understands the amazing opportunity that God has given her to be used by Him on such a national level. It's pretty incredible. She's not shy about her faith.
- Like so many of us, Ainsley tried to have a plan when it came to having a baby.
- We talked about her miscarriage and how she learned to trust God through the heartache.
- While pregnant with Hayden, Ainsley wrote her first book, Take Heart My Child. The story behind how it came about was so sweet — and a great tribute to her dad.
- Ainsley's new children's book is so sweet, Through Your Eyes
- We had fun talking about how often we are surprised by our children's delights. Even the mundane to us is fascinating to them.
- It's easy for me to turn off the news when tragic stories come on. Yet, it's Ainsley's job to report on them. She shares about how she deals with overwhelming news — and how her Fox and Friends morning show tries to keep their news segments family friendly since they know many people have the TV in the morning with kids in the room.
- I couldn't end our time together without asking Ainsley about who her favorite people have been to interview. It was cute hearing her reaction to interviewing Garth Brooks.
- The blog posts that I mentioned in this episode, and the charity that Ainsley gives a portion of the processes of her book to: How Submission Saved My Marriage, Saying Good-bye to Fertility, and the Folds of Honor Foundation.
Be Sure to Connect with Ainsley Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.