SJP #044: Crystal Paine: Living with Intention in the New YearJan 05, 2018
Simply Joyful Podcast — Crystal Paine: Living with Intention in the New Year
Happy New Year, Friends! We are kicking off this year with my sweet friend Crystal Paine. Crystal and I got to know each other back when Periscope was popular. Crystal is one of those people who, like myself, fell in love with live streaming. In fact, Crystal is great with live streaming — and very fun to watch.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Crystal Paine, you are in for a big treat. Crystal is a wife and the mom of three. She’s also an author, speaker, consultant, and founder of MoneySavingMom.com. Her mission is to help moms from all walks of life discover the freedom that comes from living with intention, simplicity, and generosity. She’s the author of the New York Times best-selling book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion. Through her book, blog, and courses she seeks to encourage women and family to wisely steward their time, energy, and finances so ultimately they might be able to bless others.
Crystal is probably one of the most generous people in the online community that I know. She has been such a champion of all that I’ve been doing online and in the business realm over the years. It's been such a blessing. She's been an unofficial mentor to me in so many ways. And it’s not just me! Everyone is quick to say how generous, loving, and genuine Crystal is. I know that you’re going to see that in today’s episode.
I really can’t think of anyone better to kick off the New Year with than Crystal! She really is one of the most productive, intentional people I know. She has lots of great courses and resources that share some of her secrets for getting more done. She is also really good at setting goals and being intentional about following through with them, which she shares today! So, I know you're going to love this episode. Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Crystal has such an incredible story about how her blog and budgeting allowed her to be a stay-at-home mom while her husband was in law school. They may have been living on a beans-and-rice budget, but they did it!
- Crystal shares her story about how exhaustion is such a big issue for women and how her book Say Goodbye to Survival Mode came about.
- How many of us would love to get a year of rest? Me! Please! Well, that's exactly what Crystal did. She talks about how taking an entire year break helped to restore her passion for life. I love that she was able to take a full year off!
- You can't just say you took a year off and not give details. Ha! So, Crystal discusses what her year of rest looked like — and how it changed her life going into 2017.
- I laughed so hard when Crystal shared her opinion on making New Year's resolutions!
- She shares some really amazing tips and advice for moms (and dads!) who are getting ready for the New Year.
- Being intentional with your time is certainly one of my top goals every year! Crystal talks about how she makes sure that she spends one-on-one time with each of her kids every day. After she explains what she does and how she does it, she makes it sound so unattainable! I definitely think I'm going to add some of her ideas to our family time.
- Crystal has some really fun merchandise at Cents of Style, a clothing company that she's been working with for a while. Really fun! I love the “Choose Joy” sweatshirt! (Of course!) You can check out her Cents of Style apparel HERE!
- Make sure you listen to the end of this episode to hear Crystal answer YOUR questions! That's something fun and new that we are doing this season. I post who I'm interviewing during the week on Facebook and ask you for your questions. You guys had a bunch for Crystal. Be sure to join me over on my Facebook page so you can add your questions over there, too.
- I referred back to my podcast episode with Pam Barnhill: Taking Back Your Mornings
- I shared about my exciting brand new “BONUS” podcast episode on “How to Set Better Goals in 2018!” that was just released on our Simply Joyful Membership site.
- There's a little sneak peek mentioned about some upcoming guests for January…it's going to be a great month!
- Michele Cushatt, Kat Lee, & Jamie Ivey are coming up!
- I also mentioned about B-School—this program has literally changed my business life. Such a wonderful resource and a great investment. I would love to help you start your business journey and help you create a business that you love! I'm working on putting together a business program, and if this is something you'd be interested in learning more, please fill out the form HERE.
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode
- The Money Saving Mom's Budget
- Money Making Mom
- Hello Mornings
- Finish (Audiobook)
Be Sure to Connect with Crystal Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.