SJP #046: Kat Lee: How to Create a Better Morning Routine!Jan 19, 2018
Simply Joyful Podcast — Kat Lee: How to Create a Better Morning Routine!
Mornings! We love them when they go great. We hate them when they run away from us. A good morning really can make all the difference to your day. I know my list of all I want to accomplish each morning can so easily get away from me. Well, if you relate at all to that, then you are going to love all that Kat Lee shares with us today on the podcast.
I have wanted to have Kat as a guest on the podcast since Heather MacFadyen told me about her morning routines last season. When Kat sent me her book, Hello Mornings, I got a little giddy reading it. I'm a total habit-forming, goal-setting nerd. I am. I'll admit it. She had me at the “3 minute morning routine” that she outlines in the first few pages.
I had such a great time talking with Kat about this amazing, stress-free morning routine and why mornings matter. When I was prepping for this episode, I watched her interviewed on Hallmark Home & Family. One thing that stood out to me was a statement that she made on the show and in the book, about what motivated her to make changes to her own morning routine came from realizing that she wanted to wake up for her life and not just to her life. Talk about a reality of motherhood. We are so often woken up by early morning, surprise wake up calls from our kids. It can leave us feeling behind in our day right from the get-go.
Oh, and yes, I totally asked her about her best tips for getting morning habits to stick. Wow! She has some incredible advice about habit forming.
Plus, she shares her amazing God story about how her morning routines, stepping out in faith and watching what God brought together united her with her long-lost family. It will make you cry. Happy tears, I promise. It's so touching.
This episode is SO good! I really can't wait for you to listen to it. You are going to LOVE Kat and our conversation! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Mornings are such a passion for me! Kat shares a little about her life and Hello Mornings — the book and community. She also mentions her second podcast Inspired to Action — a podcast all for moms! It’s on hiatus right now, but go over and listen to all the great past episodes! You will be so encouraged.
- Kat chats about hosting a podcast with Heather MacFayden, how they got connected, and how the podcast was born.
- We chat about Kat’s new book, Hello Mornings. Kat shares how she’s never considered herself a writer, but she loves encouraging people — and decided to write the book in order to encourage the maximum amount of people! (Thanks, Kat!)
- Kat talks about “schmoozle” — a number she made up for her book. I giggled because she tells the technical term. . .which I’d never be able to remember it! I like “schmoozle” so much better!
- In the beginning of Hello Mornings, Kat actually breaks down the morning routine into three practical steps. Kat breaks down this process and shares her thoughts about it. The best part about these three starter steps is that you can do them in bed before you even get up. You can do them when you’re sick, you can do them when you have no time because you can do them in the shower when you’re getting ready for your day. Amazing!
- One of my favorite things that Kat shares is about waking up for your life instead of simply waking up to your life. As moms and dads, that’s real life! There is so much of life that happens and throws up off, and I love the intentionally of saying that you're going to wake up for your life.
- Kat explains why mornings are uniquely special in that way.
- Chapter One…Oh my goodness…I cried while reading Kat’s God story in the first chapter of her book — and that she shares on this episode (spoiler: I totally got choked-up on the podcast while she was telling her God story here, too!)
- Kat shares her best tips for getting your morning routines to stick — guys, these are gold! You defiantly want to hear Kat’s tips!
- I referred back to my podcast episode with Heather MacFadyen: Learning How to Remain a God-Centered Mom
- I have a new YouTube Video out all about how to get back on track with your goals!
- Don't miss out on the fun stuff we have going on on the Simply Joyful Membership site! There are lots of fun things coming up — including a brand new exclusive episode!
- I also mention about my morning routine printable! You can get it FREE (along with a ton of other free goodies) when you sign up for my mailing list HERE (if you're already signed up for my mailing list, you can access all the fun goodies by clicking the link at the bottom of any e-mail I send!)
- Guys, I'm absolutely loving Jon Acuff's Finish — I'm listening to it on audiobook and I really can't get enough!
- Did you know there is a Hello Morning community? You can join the community HERE—it’s a great place for encouragement for walking through the journey with someone and not all by yourself. The 3-minute morning routines aren’t difficult, but it’s so much more fun knowing there are others on the journey with you!
- Hello Mornings
- Rest and Release
- New Beginnings
- At My Savior's Feet
- Love Does
Be Sure to Connect with Kat Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.