SJP #051 Emily Ley: Amazing Tips to Help You Simplify Your LifeFeb 23, 2018
Simply Joyful Podcast — Emily Ley: Amazing Tips to Help You Simplify Your Life
I love meeting moms who get it. As a mom of three young children and a thriving entrepreneur, Emily fully understands what overwhelmed can feel like. I had such a great time talking with Emily about her new book, Simplified Life. She highlights how she was able to “simplify” ten key areas of her life in order to increase her available time with her family — her first priority.
I really felt a kindred connection with Emily as we spoke. Just like Emily I’ve had those moments of feeling like I suddenly have way too much on my plate and feel suffocated by it all. Over the years, I’ve learned to take these feelings as signals to take a hard look at what I’ve allowed into our schedule.
Unburying yourself from the hustle and bustle of the mundane that can take over our days doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it. Emily’s book does such a beautiful job of helping families to “make the most” of their days with her tips.
I can’t wait for you to hear my fun conversation with Emily. Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Emily shares a little bit about her crazy life (she has a set of twin toddlers!), and why she is so passionate about the topic of simplifying.
- I was so curious to find out how Emily got her start! She’s been featured in Forbes, Better Homes and Garden, and HGTV — Wow! Would you believe it all started in her guest bedroom printing Stationary and listing it on Etsy?!
- Emily wrote her new book, Simplified Life, in (are you ready for this?) four days (FOUR!!) This book is so gorgeous. Emily shares how in the world she was about to write so fast.
- One thing that Emily is known for is simplifying. Emily shares some tips on creating margin in your life.
- Emily’s book breaks down ten key areas to simplify and one of the things was her calendar and scheduled. We are so overcommitted — Emily shares a couple of tips on how you don’t get to that point that you are overwhelmed and saying “no” to more things. Love her tip on how she gets out of her head and gets stuff done!
- Does anyone else have an overabundance digital photo/video storage problem? I have over 75,000 photos stored (I know, I know) I asked Emily her advice on organizing all these photos!
- I referred back to my podcast episode from last week where I shared a ton of productivity hacks!
- Registration for B-School is open!—this program has literally changed my business life. Such a wonderful resource and a great investment. I would love to help you start your business journey and help you create a business that you love! Click HERE for more information on B-School and how you can get started!
- Don't forget to grab your Simplified Planner HERE!
- A Simplified Life
- Grace Not Perfection
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life
Be Sure to Connect with Emily Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.