SJP #52 Dana White: Decluttering Advice that Will Work for Every FamilyMar 09, 2018
Simply Joyful Podcast — Dana White: Decluttering Advice that Will Work for Every Family
Sometimes I wish I could just snap and my house would be magically put together. My girls love watching Mary Poppins. Whenever we get to the scene where toys are flying into place, I dream that it was only that easy in my own home. Where is Mary Poppins when you need her?
Well, I’m so excited to have Dana White, master of decluttering, on the show today. We are talking about her new book, Decluttering at the Speed of Life. I missed that nuance the first time I saw the title. At first, I thought it was a book about speedy decluttering, but it’s so much better. Today, Dana is going to be sharing with us how to fit decluttering into our lives.
I know you are going to love this episode…especially on the heels of Emily’s episode last week that was all about simplifying. Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- Dana goes by Dana K White — her reasoning why is so funny! She started her blog, A Slob Comes Clean, under a fake name on the day her second child went to Kindergarten. What was meant to just be a side hobby actually took off!
- Did you know that Dana is also a podcaster?! A Slob Comes Clean Podcast has been around for about 4 or 5 years and started because Dana thought it would be fun! She self-taught herself all the ins and outs.
- Dana calls herself a slob, but really how bad could it have been? I ask Dana to paint a picture for the listeners… One thing that I think is such a big blessing is when someone has been in your shoes and they have learned something — I don't know about you, but I can learn so much from that person! I think that really resonates with people.
- Dana's first book was fun, but this one!! Decluttering at the Speed of Life — I love it! (Confession: I totally read her title wrong the first time and thought she was going to be teaching how to speed clean!) We can be organized in different areas in our lives, but it doesn't always shine through in our home. In our homes, it's a never-ending thing. I love that she breaks down decluttering and organization in her book — she breaks down decluttering into layers. My favorite layer that she chats about is procrasti-clutter. Dana shares a little more about what this is and how to overcome it.
- In Decluttering at the Speed of Life, Dana talks about how our house is a container and when we view it that way, it changes our perspective. Dana explains a little more in detail this concept.
- One thing that Dana mentions that I thought was interesting and reminded me of the Marie Kondo method, was that Dana has her followers ask questions while they are decluttering. I ask Dana what her thoughts are on The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
- Are you ready to get started decluttering yet? Dana shares the best place for you to start.
- I'm also working on putting together a business program, and if this is something you'd be interested in learning more about, please fill out the form HERE. — I'd love to help you create the business of your dreams!
- Decluttering at the Speed of Life
- How to Manage Your Home Without Losing Your Mind
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Be Sure to Connect with Dana Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.