SJP #055 Shaunti Feldhahn: How to Find Rest in a Busy WorldMar 30, 2018
Simply Joyful Podcast — Shaunti Feldhahn: How to Find Rest in a Busy World
Early on in my marriage, I discovered that Hollywood lied. Happy ever after was not all that they promised. Marriage was hard work. There was this assumption that somehow magically after this beautiful ceremony, the rest of life would just fall into place.
Now don’t get me wrong. I knew that not every marriage was perfect. My parents divorced when I was four years old. I wasn’t completely ignorant to how hard marriage could be. About a year into our marriage I was blessed to receive a copy of Shaunti’s book For Women Only. It was a game changer in my marriage. I felt like I understood the needs of Steve so much better after reading it.
Now, if you haven’t heard of Shaunti Feldhahn yet, then I’m so honored that I get to be the one to introduce you to her. I knew I loved her books and that they rocked my world and helped me in my marriage, but I didn’t know was that she actually got her graduate degree from Harvard — and she worked on Wall Street as an analyst. Wow!
Well, she used her education and experience to become a social researcher to make an impact for Christ — and her books became best-sellers. Now Shaunti is turning her attention to a new project: a devotional. Find Rest: A Women’s Devotional for Lasting Peace in a Busy Life is a beautiful devotional — and it’s filled with insight into what women need to know about finding rest in the midst of a busy life. You are going to love this discussion.
It was such a joy talking to Shaunti! Get ready to be encouraged!
Highlights from the Show:
- I remember getting one of Shaunti’s first books, For Women Only. Oh, my word! That book was so amazing and had such an impact on my marriage. Shaunti explains a little of what goes on behind the scenes of her books — the research — before the writing and the speaking comes. We chat about how understanding men is actually so much easier than large Japanese banks.
- I ask Shaunti about her new book, Find Rest, and how she made the shift to a more devotional type book. I love the format of the book and how Shaunti includes journaling time that really makes you dig deep and look at things in a different way.
- I asked Shaunti why she thinks that we as women skip out on rest (and think that it’s ok!)
- One thing that we really need to be able to do is to set aside superwoman. Set aside the thinking that we can do it all. I asked Shaunti to share some ways that we can set aside that superwoman. We chat about being a people pleaser, and Shaunti issues a challenge to all people pleaser out there (me included!) I’m such a people pleaser, and this was a message I needed to hear!
- Shaunti shares about Philippians 4:8 and how each day we should focus on what is good — and how by just focusing on one or two good things can change your entire perspective.
- Shaunti mentioned we have been created with a purpose for work — to go out and create disciples — He doesn’t call us to just love Him and sit around a do nothing. He does call us to do things. Yet, at the same time, He promises true rest and easy yolk. I asked Shaunti to explain how can balance the two. What is the secret sauce to finding real true rest
- Matthew 11:28-30
- Philippians 4:8
- Join my mailing list and get weekly encouragement — and get my Sanity Savers for Moms book FREE!
- The Simply Joyful Membership Site!! — To hear my special “How to Set Better Goals in 2018” bonus podcast episode!
- Join our Facebook Community, too! Your question might just be used in the podcast.
- Find Rest
- For Young Women Only
- For Women Only
- For Young Men Only
- For Men Only
- For Parents Only
Be Sure to Connect with Shaunti Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.