SJP #66 Tim Mahoney: Patterns of Evidence: The Moses ControversyMar 16, 2019
Simply Joyful Podcast — Tim Mahoney: Patters of Evidence: The Moses Controversy
In today’s episode, we’re talking with Award-winning investigative filmmaker Timothy Mahoney and his Patterns of Evidence team return with a brand-new examination into The Moses Controversy.
Teaching our kids about the validity of the Bible is the cornerstone of passing down our Christian faith. Christianity is always under fire. Now more than ever it's important to train our kids about how to know that the Bible is trustworthy and true when the world continues to bombard them that it is not.
It was such a pleasure to talk with Tim about his newest film, in theaters now. My favorite part of my conversation with him was when he discusses his own crisis of faith during his first film.You don't want to miss this one! Get ready to be encouraged!
Here's a synopsis of the film:
“Mahoney was raised to believe the stories of the Bible were true. But mainstream scholars believe the Bible’s claim that Moses wrote the Exodus journey as an eyewitness account is an exaggerated tale. These scholars emphatically declare Moses didn’t even have a writing system like Hebrew to record it; instead, the writing of Exodus came more than one thousand years after the fact.
Since the Bible claims that Moses was the author of one of the greatest stories in the entire Bible—the Israelites’ Exodus out of Egypt and their journey to Mt Sinai where Moses received the Ten Commandments from God—Mahoney realizes that the question of Moses’ ability to write its first books impacts the credibility of the entire Bible.
Traveling throughout the Middle East to see where the patterns lead, Mahoney uncovers profound new scientific evidence you have to see to believe! The new documentary investigation Patterns of Evidence: The Moses Controversy will be in theaters for three days only: March 14, 16, and 19.”
**Next episode we’ll be diving deeper into this conversation and discussing apologetics and some of my favorite resources for parents!
- Trailer: https://player.vimeo.com/video/310217991
- Verses mentioned: Deuteronomy 6, Romans 1 & 12, and more!
- M.O.M Master Organizer of Mayhem
- Patterns of Evidence: Exodus DVD
- Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus Collector's Edition Box Set
- Patterns of Evidence: Exodus: A Filmaker's Journey
Be Sure to Connect with Tim Online:
Connect with Me, too!
A Special Thanks to…
Rend Collective for allowing me to use their incredible song “The Joy of the Lord is My Strength.” This song has so much special meaning to me and it highlights the theme verse for my podcast — Nehemiah 8:10. Be sure to check out their music! They are such a fun band to listen to…and to see live.
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.