SJP #71: Sarita Holzmann: All About Summer ReadingJun 14, 2019
Simply Joyful Podcast — Sarita Holzmann: All About Summer Reading
In this episode, we'll be talking about summer reading. But not just any summer reading. Summer reading for your kids! We're going to be suggesting so many great books for your kids to read independently or fun ones for read alouds. While reading can take place at any time of the year, this episode is special because we're talking with none other than Sarita Holzmann. If you are unfamiliar with Sarita, you are in for a really special treat!
Sarita is the founder of Sonlight Curriculum and she has read and reviewed over sixteen thousand books (and counting) over the past twenty-seven years. She's passionate about helping families raise life-long learners and readers.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Sarita! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- The story of how Sonlight got started
- The number of books Sarita has read and reviewed
- The importance of kids reading during the summer
- Strategies for getting kids to read during the summer
- Sarita's favorite summer reads for families
- The seven-point test that books must pass to get on a Sonlight list
- Sarita's favorite time of day for reading aloud
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- SONLIGHT'S AMAZING SUMMER READING LIST!!
- Sonlight Curriculum
- Captain Nobody
- Adventure with Waffles
- Little Britches
- A Murder for Her Majesty
- About Average
- The Narnia Series
- The Sign of the Beaver
- Breaking Stalin's Nose
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
- When You Reach Me
- A Long Walk to Water
- Where the Red Fern Grows
Be Sure to Request Your Sonlight Catalog:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.