SJP #79: Family Devotions with Louie GiglioJan 03, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Family Devotions with Louie Giglio
I wanted to kick this year off with a bang, so not only did we release two episodes today, but I’m chatting with none other than Louie Giglio about family devotions and the importance of giving our kids a sense of “awe” of God. I wanted to start the year off with this episode so that you can arm yourself with some great tools, such as Louie’s new book How Great Is Our God: 100 Indescribable Devotions about God and Science.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Louie! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Passion Conference 2020 — 65,000 18-25-year-olds will gather in Atlanta for this conference Louie has been a part of for 23 years!
- Louie has a new children’s devotional, How Great is Our God! You guys, I was geeking out over this devotional! I love how Louie brings in science to show how awesome our Creator is!
- Why Louie made the shift from writing for adults to writing for children.
- Louie shares some tips on how to use How Great is Our God
- Have you ever heard of Laminin? Louie shares a little about this amazing molecule and talks and little about science and faith.
- Louie and I exchanged college stories — I attended Pepperdine and Louie attended Georgia State
- We chat about how science is really just God wow-ing us.
- Did you know Butterflies smell with their feet? What about the Goldilocks Zone? Louie talks about his favorite parts of the books.
- I asked Louie for tips for sharing how we can help our older children have those “ah-ha” moments with God, and to take the faith we’ve had as a family and make it their own?
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Be sure to listen to our kick-off — SJP Episode #078
- Would you rather watch these interviews on YouTube? You now can!
- Follow along on my health journey with Simply Joyful Health
- These are some of my favorite Family Devotions for Boys
- Here's How to Teach Your Kids About God Using Science and History
- Looking for good parenting books? Here are some of my favorites: Practical Happiness | Bob Schultz, Boyhood and Beyond | Bob Schultz, Everyday Battles | Bob Schultz, Created for Work | Bob Schultz, Make Your Bed | William H. McRaven, Love Does | Bob Goff
- Passion Conference
- How cute is Louie's London_Doodle Instagram account for the family pet?
- Be sure to grab a copy of Louie's How Great is Our God
- Louie’s talk How Great is Our God
- Check out my new book, M.O.M.=Master Organizer of Mayhem! It's the perfect book to kick off your new year!
Be Sure to Connect with Louie Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.