SJP #97: Hospitality, Ministry, and How The Two Blend with Kelly MinterJun 11, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Hospitality, Ministry, and How The Two Blend with Kelly Minter
I am so ready to host! I'm ready to get my cookbooks out and cook for a get-together! Can I get an amen? This quarantine still isn't quite over here in California, but it's getting close. We are seeing some stores start to reopen and some churches starting to gather again. This episode with Kelly Minter is so powerful because Kelly has such a heart for not just feeding people, but for real hospitality. If you haven't already picked up a copy of Kelly's new cookbook, A Place at the Table, I would really encourage you to do so. It has quickly become one of our favorites. Not only are their amazing recipes, but it's filled with stories on hospitality!
Kelly is really passionate about teaching the Bible. She sings, she writes, she speaks, and she's also known for incorporating recipes into her writing. So she wrote a cookbook! A Place at the Table is all about getting people to come together. It is very hospitality minded — it's so neat!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Kelly! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Kelly is so much more than a cookbook author. She's a writer of Bible studies and a speaker as well! She also hosts the event Cultivate for women bringing community, Bible, and worship together.
- At the time of this interview, Kelly was about to head to the Amazon with Justice and Mercy International — we chat a little about her involvement in this amazing organization.
- Kelly is known for her Bible studies, but I really wanted to chat about her cookbook! I asked Kelly how she went from Bible studies to events and now a cookbook!
- There is power in food (I know, I know, it sounds crazy) It's something we physically need, but it's a moment of tenderness too. We talk about why there are recipes incorporated in Kelly's Bible studies and why it's important.
- I'm all about hosting and food (I mean, I have a course coming out called Feed Your People), but I asked Kelly how to include the act of hospitality even in the small little get-togethers (such as maybe the one you were not expecting) and make it more of a habit.
- There are so many amazing recipes in Kelly's book. I asked her which one she included was the most special.
- I loved all the stories that are in this cookbook. I asked Kelly to share a couple that are included in the book — one in particular about fishes and a gathering gave me chills!
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I chatted in my intro to my intro about the amazing event our church hosted at the beginning of the year called Awaken.
- I have been praying and meditating on the scripture Psalm 139 — I want the Father to search and know me! We are called to listen to the Lord's voice!
- If you are looking for ways to help a small business out during this crazy pandemic time, I want to encourage you to read my blog post — 7 Ways to Help a Small Business
Be Sure to Connect with Kelly Online:
Connect with Me, too!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.