SJP #80: Time Management Hacks with Morgan TyreeJan 10, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Time Management Hacks with Morgan Tyree
I am excited for today’s episode on organization because you know my passion is helping people get organized. I wasn’t always a master organizer - read about my journey if my book Master Organizer of Mayhem. Which is why taking a whole month to discuss organization is so special to me! I get to talk with some experts and share what I have learned through the years of parenting and trying to get organized — because it’s a whole other ball game when you have kids a.k.a. people who move things, as I refer to them in the book.
We’re going to take a look at a very important piece of the organizing puzzle and that is time management. Time management is really the key to getting organized in so many ways! If we’re not making time to get organized, it’s not going to happen.
Today I have my dear friend, Morgan Tyree, with us to discuss time management hacks outlined in her new book, Take Back Your Time. We’re going to hear about how she categorizes time management because her way is VERY unique and effective! She is a professional organizer and calls herself a chaos calmer (which I think is just beautiful). Check out her blog, morganizewithme.com to learn more about her!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Morgan! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Morgan shares about inspired her book, Take Back Your Time, and how time management isn’t a one-kind-fits-all formula.
- Why we need to be aware of our own strengths and weaknesses. I ask Morgan to share how knowing ourselves fits into time management.
- I love Morgan’s cover — and how the three colors on the cover actually have a purpose within her methods for time management! She tells us all about it (it’s brilliant!)
- Anyone else struggle with finding uninterrupted time?? I ask Morgan to explain how I (and others in my same season) can find pockets of time where we aren’t distracted.
- It is so important to understand our “whys” and it all boils down to our choices. Morgan unpacks that truth bomb that will help us make better choices that align with our why.
- In today’s age, screen time is such a big issue. Morgan shares some tips on how we can better manage screen time, so we make sure we’re prioritizing the correct things (people) in our lives.
- Morgan shares simple tips on how to get started with managing your time.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I love to listen to audiobooks and Audible makes it so easy! Sign up today to get a free audiobook!
- Be sure to grab a copy of Morgan’s book Take Back Your Time
Be Sure to Connect with Morgan Online:
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Connect with Me!
My Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest | Twitter
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.