SJP #81: Getting Organization To Stick In the New YearJan 17, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Getting Organization to Stick In the New Year
We are diving into #Goals today — primarily goals that tie into home organization! Home organization is something that most of us struggle with, and once we are organized, we struggle to get our organization habits to stick. I felt this was the best time to chat about this since it’s mid-January which most likely means you’ve already abandoned your resolutions or you’re struggling with them. I really wanted to be here for you and encourage you in your resolutions and goals!
I am excited to share some of the tips and tricks from my new book, M.O.M. Grab one for yourself or a friend!
I know that you're going to love this episode! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- How do we get organization to stick? I know it’s not easy! But there is one big mistake we are all making and I am going to help you overcome it!
- Decluttering: Are you doing it right? There are so many ways of decluttering (hello, Marie Kondo), but I have some thoughts on exactly how to effectively declutter (hint: I’m not talking about throwing everything away!)
- My grandma was a hoarder (I say that with as much love for her as I have), but I learned so much about decluttering from having to go through grandma’s stuff after she passed.
- Home organization trauma story! I share a story — really my friend Renee’s story — but it is so traumatizing to me! It still irks my brain to think about it!
- I chat about some of my research for my M.O.M. book. It’s interesting what I found out about those who grew up during the depression!
- Decluttering isn’t always about throwing things away. Can you repurpose something? I chat about some of the things that I’ve repurposed, and how because during the renovation, I’ve had to donate so many things — and that is okay!
- I will share how I declutter a space and give you some tips for successful decluttering of your own space!
- Why I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the Salvation Army after I donate unneeded items.
- I share a quick tip on when to donate and when to sell.
- When decluttering, be sure to keep in mind to look out for those things that are accumulating!
- How to handle odd memorabilia you may have.
- The power of creating habits. I touch a little on this in the episode, but if you want a more in-depth dive, be sure to check out my book, M.O.M.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- M.O.M. — my book! I have a whole chapter dedicated to the topic of today’s episode! Be sure to grab your copy and check it out!
- I love the name of my friend Heather’s podcast, Don’t Mom Alone, I think that is so important to remember!
- Also, don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter so you can be the first to know about what’s going on with any new projects and find out when new episodes of the podcast launches!
- Have you seen the cute Veggie Tales song with Madame Blueberry at the Stuff Mart? So cute — watch it here.
- You can listen to my podcast episode with my best friend Renee (and the funny stories we share) here.
- If you missed my episode with Louie Giglio, don’t miss it! Be sure to listen to that episode here.
- Are you needing help with decluttering? I have some FREE decluttering cards that can help with that! Get all the details on how you can get them here.
Connect with Me Online!
My Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest | Twitter
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.