SJP #82: Grumble Free Year with Tricia GoyerJan 23, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Grumble Free Year with Tricia Goyer
Today you get to be a fly on the wall in a conversation with my good friend, Tricia Goyer! If you have never listened to one of my other interviews with her (such as this one or this one), you are in for a treat. She is the author of over 70 books (yes, 7-0), is incredibly talented (probably one of the most talented people I know) and she’s an inspiring woman of God. Oh! Did I mention she has ten kids?! We are talking with her today about her newest book, The Grumble Free Year.
This episode is all about going grumble free — and it’s not that the Goyer's were completely grumble free, but they were solely focused on this challenge. You are going to be so blown away by some of the stories she shares in this conversation about their family's challenge and developing gratitude in their lives. I think one of the beautiful things about this project is getting everyone in your house (including you ... and me!) to have a heart of contentment.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Tricia! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Tricia shares why in the world anyone would volunteer—with a family of ten— for a year-long project, The Grumble Free Year.
- Not only did the Goyer family decide to jump into the challenge of going grumble free for a year, but they also started while on a road trip from Seattle to Arkansas!
- A deeper look at the grumble free year challenge — because buying her book isn’t the magic button to a grumble free family, application in the journey is!
- Tricia is still in the trenches of the message she has written and I asked her to share more BTS stories of when she was in the thick of things and the key moments that really made her appreciate this challenge and the Lord’s blessings.
- Tricia’s best tips on changing your parenting to get a better response from your kids and how it impacted Tricia, personally.
- We chat a little bit about adult kids (Grant is turning 18 in April — say it isn’t so!) and how we can model behavior for them to help them shape their responses to life.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Have you gotten your FREE copy of Sanity Savers for Moms? You can do so by signing up for my newsletter right here!
- You’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of The Grumble Free Year, but you’ll probably also want Tricia’s previous book Calming Angry Kids as well (you do, trust me).
- If you need more tips on motivating children, don’t miss my interview with Andrew Pudewa.
- Don’t miss out on Tricia’s FREE 30 Day Grumble Free Challenge!
Connect with Tricia Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.