SJP #83: Teaching Your Kids How To Organize with Ashlyn CloverJan 30, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Teaching Your Kids How To Organize with Ashlyn Clover
Today on the Simply Joyful Podcast I have a very special guest — my daughter Ashlyn! Ashlyn is helping me this week on our topic of teaching your kids how to organize! I sat down to write notes about this episode, I had the brilliant idea of having Ashlyn on! While she is still learning, she is doing an amazing job getting organized! Today we’re going to share all the tips and tricks on helping your kids get organized too!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Ashlyn! Get ready to be encouraged!
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE SIMPLY JOYFUL PODCAST:
- Ashlyn shares a little about her journey to organization — plus she gives her best organizing advice.
- We share what happens when you have too much stuff — and how to clean an area and decide what to keep and what to donate or throw away.
- It’s great to declutter, but another great thing to keep in mind is to make sure kids know where their stuff belongs. I asked Ashlyn to share how she remembers where her stuff goes.
- Ashlyn and I chat about the toy rules in our house and they help keep everything organized. We also chat about the importance of having the correct tools for successful tidying up!
- One of the things Ashlyn does is her own laundry (yes, at eight!) Ashlyn gives tips on how she does her laundry.
- We chat about how mom (me) goes a little crazy with the refrigerator cleaning.
- As we wrap up, Ashlyn shares last-minute tips on organization for kids!
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE KID-FRIENDLY CLEANING TOOLS!
(+ other resources mentioned in this episode):
Having the right tools for the right jobs — and making sure your kids know where they are — helps the cleaning and organization processes go a lot faster! Here are some of my favorite tools. Be sure to stock up on easy tools like these as you teach your kids to help. Trust me, it makes it much more fun for your kids!
- One thing that we love in our house is the Flip Fold. It makes it easier for smaller hands to help with laundry! We have both adult and junior sizes.
- 🧺 Ashlyn's Laundry Video (at age 3)
- ✽ Cordless vacuum
- ✽ Roomba
- ✽ Swiffer Dusters
- ✽ Microfiber duster
- ✽ Buckets
- ✽ Mrs. Meyers cleaning supplies
- ✽ Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- ✽ Microfiber dusters
- ✽ My favorite Sweep Smart "broom"
- ✽ My favorite actual broom
- ✽ Dustpan set
- ✽ Mop
- ✽ Our favorite soap-filled brush
- ✽ My favorite dish scrub brush
LET'S CONNECT ONLINE:
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.