SJP #85: Marriage Talk with Steve CloverFeb 13, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Marriage Talk with Steve Clover
This week we have a very special show because this is the first time I’ve ever had my husband, Steve Clover, on the podcast! I cannot wait for you to listen in and hear our story — we chat about how we met, and we actually get really intimate and share about some of our struggles over the last twenty-two years of marriage. I know that the message out there is “and they lived happily ever after,” but the truth is, marriage is hard! So I really hope you’ll be encouraged by this episode.
I know that you're going to love this episode with Steve! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Steve starts out the show by sharing his height, weight, and shoe size — not exactly what I had in mind when I asked him to share about himself! He also shares something that we have not yet announced publicly!
- I’m known to call my husband, my human calculator — he’s really good at math! Steve explains why I call him that and what his job has been for the past twenty-two years.
- Steve and I share our love story. I call him my high school crush — we didn’t actually start dating until after college.
- I knew pretty early on that Steve was “the one.” Steve shares when he knew I was “the one.”
- We waited a little bit after marriage before starting a family. We unpack a little about what went into that decision. After we started a family, there’s a stretch of time that I refer to as the “dark days” and that had a lot of stress on our relationship. We chat a little about that.
- One of the big arguments in our marriage ended up being how many kids to have. I remember praying for God to change Steve’s heart or my heart on this topic, and it actually was a pretty big event that ended up changing our minds!
- Last week I was able to chat with Gary Thomas about his book Sacred Marriage — it had such a big impact on me and my striving toward being a 1 Corinthians 13 wife.
- Our marriage would not be where it is today if we did not fight for our marriage. We share a few of the many tools that we used to make sure we clung to our commitment.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- I love having my family on the podcast! Did you catch my episode with my daughter Ashlyn? It’s so cute! You really don’t want to miss that episode!
- Sacred Marriage had such a big impact on me—it’s such a powerful book (and if you missed it, we got to chat about it on last week’s episode!)
- If you are wanting to speak to a marriage counselor, but don't know who to call, Focus on the Family has a wonderful resource of Christian counselors in your area!
Connect with Me Online!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.