SJP #93: Fear is Not the Boss of You with Jennifer AllwoodApr 09, 2020
Simply Joyful Podcast — Fear is Not the Boss of You with Jennifer Allwood
Today on the show I have my new friend, Jennifer Allwood, author of the book Fear is Not the Boss of You. This could not have come at a better time. I can't wait for you to listen in because everything that we talked about is so applicable for this time. There's a lot of fear going on, a lot of unknown. Fear is Not the Boss of You is going to be such an encouragement to you. This conversation will hopefully strike a cord in helping to remind you not to let fear overcome you. Rest in the fact that God Almighty has got you in His hand, and we can be overcomers in this time.
For those of you who are not familiar with Jennifer, she is amazing. She is a powerhouse! She has an amazing podcast, The Jennifer Allwood Show. She is best known for being a cheerleader for women and adds Biblical truth to the modern-day dream big mantra. She also does business coaching — a big part of her story is how she went from a creative to her business coaching. It's an amazing story and I can't wait for you to hear it!
I know that you're going to love this episode with Jennifer! Get ready to be encouraged!
In this episode of the Simply Joyful Podcast we discuss:
- Jennifer opens by sharing a little bit about herself — she and her husband are finalizing an adoption, and her husband is also the CEO of her company! She also shares a little about her business coaching and how it works!
- In addition to coaching every month, Jennifer also has a podcast that encourages and teaches women how to live in freedom in both life and business life. Last summer she wrote Fear is Not the Boss of You and it just released THIS WEEK!
- Jennifer shares how she is a huge introvert and never planned on coaching (she actually owned a decorative painting company for twenty years!). It's something she fell into — and I love how when we think we know the plan and God's like, nope, look what I have for you over here!
- Jennifer shares how she didn't go with her gut when trying to decide what degree to get. She was stopped by logic. So many times when making decisions, we get stopped by logic ... or fear. I love how her book touches on that! I asked Jennifer to share why she wanted to write this book and why she decided to make this her first book.
- We compare writing stories. We're both spatial people — meaning, we have to see how something works spatially. I literally will print something out and copy and paste things until they look right. Jennifer ... well you're just going to have to listen to the fun story (she ended up writing Fear is Not the Boss of You in six days!)
- Jennifer is so passionate about helping moms get unstuck. I asked Jennifer to share some practical tips to help listeners get un-stuck.
- In Fear is Not the Boss of You, Jennifer speaks pretty strongly to moms. She dives a little bit into why she talks so strongly to moms in the book.
Resources, books, and links mentioned in this episode:
- Jennifer had some appearances on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition!
- My kids saw the cover of Jennifer's book and thought she was Tori Kelly from the movie Sing!
- Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed? You should pick up a copy of M.O.M.—Master Organizer of Mayhem.
Connect with Jennifer Online!
Connect with Me Online!
Are you new to the Simply Joyful Podcast?
- Join our Simply Joyful Community!: Get encouraging newsletters and a FREE digital copy of my Sanity Savers for Moms book!
- Support the Simply Joyful Podcast: Keep the podcast alive with a small monthly donation. (Thanks so much!)
- Join our Facebook Community, too!: Lots of great conversations and encouragement happening there!
- Check out “My Favorite Things” on Amazon!: See my top recommendations for home organization products, great books, gift ideas, holiday decor, and more!
- Listen to the podcast on your favorite podcast app! Be sure to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast, too, to help others find the Simply Joyful Podcast!!
- Get behind-the-scenes details: I do special videos and live videos on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Wanna get healthy with me?: Yep, I'm a health and weight loss coach. I didn’t mention that I have a weight loss program that I love called Optavia! If you are interested in learning more about that and my special coaching program, just head HERE for more info.
LOOKING FOR HELP WITH HOMESCHOOLING?
You may not have seen that I have a brand new How to Homeschool webinar that is now available for instant access. This webinar is ALL of my best homeschooling tips gathered from the six years of speaking at homeschool conventions all wrapped up into one webinar. This is a crazy-amazing resource for you or anyone you know who may be considering homeschooling for the first time ever. With all the new homeschool families this year, I wanted to make sure they had all the best resources possible. The webinar goes over how to get started, how to homeschool simply (even without curriculum), how to balance homeschooling with working at home and just life, how to save money, how to homeschool your school-aged kids with littles in the house…and so much more!
Plus no matter where you are at with your homeschool or “schooling at home” journey, my Ultimate Homeschool Organization course is updated and on sale NOW!
Head over to KristiClover.com/homeschoolwebinar to learn about the webinar or HomeschoolOrganization.com to check out my incredible course. I’ve helped over 1000 families learn how to thrive in their homeschooling and I’d love to help you too.
GET A FREE DIGITAL COPY OF MY SANITY SAVERS FOR MOMS BOOK!
Join our community of moms looking for encouragement to find simple solutions to bring more joy into their #momlife.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.